Popular and in use around the world, the portable Mercury 2.5 hp Four Stroke outboards deliver reliable, lightweight power for tenders and skiffs. Manufactured to the same high standards of corrosion resistance as larger Mercury models, these outboards are engineered for easy starting and quiet operation.
- Mercury’s compact 2.5 horsepower four strokes weigh in at a mere 38 Lbs. These engines are easy to carry and transport with their ergonomic carrying handle and lifting points
Forward / Neutral Shifting with 180º Steering & 360º Turning Radius
- Easy to use Co-pilot friction adjusters to fine tune throttle friction and steering resistance.
Multi-point Mounting System
- A 4 point mounting system designed to absorb vibration at all rpm ranges. Smooth operation at all rpms with 30% Less tiller Vibration Over the Competition
Easy Rope Starting
- Capacitor Discharge CD Ignition for hotter spark and a built-in decompression device allows for easy pull starts for all members of the family
Freshwater Flushing Port
- Oil Site Gauge shows oil level & oil quality. The convenient Oil Drain plug make oil changes a breeze. The Fuel shutoff valve & vent on fuel cap prevents spillage when transporting or when you need to run the carburetor dry for extended storage periods
4 Manual Trim Positions
- Four trim positions provide maximum performance, while the full tilt feature gets the engine out of the water. The Tilt Lock System provides convenience when removing boat from water or portaging.
Composite 3 Blade Propeller
- Efficient operation and a Stainless Steel Shear Pin provides durability and easy maintenance.